This route is described as "walking route" • Access: From Oviedo capital • The route begins in Sardinia, with the final Abuli • Distance: (unavailable) • Difficulty: (unknown) • Gradient: (ask) • Duration about: (unavailable) • Route: Sardinia - - Colloto - Limanes - Faro - Pando - Abuli.
Source: City of Oviedo
DESCRIPTION OF THE ROUTE
Presents excellent opportunities for the municipality of Oviedo tasters good landscaping and architectural excellence and enriching dealing with the peasantry. The next tour is one of eight proposed and officially recommended by the City of Oviedo, which published under the title d e routes and places in the municipality of Oviedo do (Maria Palacios, Celia Varela et al.) Allow visitors to get an overview of the municipality of Oviedo and significant.
It passes through the center of the council towards its eastern part. The reward: the rewarding encounter with rural villages and environment so as close to the center of Oviedo and wealth, more historical than artistic, its bygone buildings (houses, small temples ...).
One possibility is to start Uria Street and then enter the Argüelles and its extension to Jovellanos. Then, Azcarraga to break down the avenues Tenderina High and Low (Campo de los Patos, with the Arms Factory) that let the N-634, it brings us closer to Colloto.
Still within the city boundary, just made the N-634, is a service station on your right. Is stopped up a little further, and n pig is not (instead of the parish of Oviedo, of 295 inhabitants and 200 m in height), which is 1 km away from the center of Oviedo. It is the eastern border of town. Progress continues on the N-634 to reach local industry Collo d e t o / Cualla to (1,954 inhabitants, 175 m high and 8 km from Oviedo), continuous urban growth. The council is divided between Oviedo (Oviedo Parish) and the de Siero. In its confines l is a church of Santa Eulalia, original Romanesque (twelfth century), although much altered by reform of year 1924 problem, which has removed its rurality 'benefit' of a dubious aesthetics. Fortunately, he saved the semicircular head, Romanesque jewel preceded by a comfortable straight section, with an arch of triumph, much to consider, double archivolt on four columns (two on each side) composed of beautifully carved capitals: a turkey real human head, headless birds, leaves lanceolate, monkey riding a monstrous animal with wings, plus other performances typical of Roman mythology. The rest of the church founders in current historicist and modernist mountain: three naves, the central, most high-delimited set of arches supported by thick pillars, windows and polygonal tower decorated with elongated roof eaves. A plate fixed on the porch is the year of the renovation (1924) and swine in another, protects a step used for generations and generations of pilgrims on the Camino de Santiago Coast route. Witnessed and was also the scene of numerous confrontations between noble factions during the busy ss. XIV and XV. In 1369 supporters of Peter the Cruel and Don Henry, his brother, measured in this place its forces, as also did the factions led by Juan Bernaldo de Quirós and Melena Suárez Valdés, emerging victorious the first one. Who later became a prominent gentleman, Diego Meléndez, illegitimate son of the vanquished, he escaped from deathrefuge "so the settings."
The old industrial architecture is especially interested in a factory Cerve l za (1868-1898), former Black Eagle, which highlights a central body, guarded by two crenellated towers of brick, opening in the walls seemed substantial glazed oriental arches, and within the village, in a factory sid l r a s a foam Ci ma (1875), founded by Joseph Cima Garcia, a native of this town and emigrant to Cuba, whence he returned enriched. Most of the cider production destined for overseas, where it is strongly rooted local beverage. Of polygonal, in its rationalist building spans three sides open, curved on the ground floor and upright in the middle and upper framed by outgoing and gables.
The visit to detained people can not ignore chale u n t, n º 43, located between the cider mill and the square of Pepin Rodriguez. It is an eclectic work cubic late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries. It consists of two stories in height, plus lofts facing south and west. Railings, moldings, pillars, pinnacles, geometric or floral theme and pediments are some of the ornamental parts of their facades. Is reached by a staircase leading to the front, which incorporates, on a modern style columns, a large gazebo, which combines wood, glass and wrought iron of the balustrade. Round off the corners of the pediment a curly acroteria.
Pride Colloto Pepin Rodriguez is her son, born on March 4, 1886. He died in Havana in 1954. Even boy went to Cuba, where he instructed, "to seek his fortune and faith that she succeeded, becoming the most powerful of the tobacco industry of the moment (he was the owner of the cigar factory Romeo and Juliet). The Indian did not neglect the works of charity, as evidenced by the Board at the sanatorium Pepin Rodriguez Cuban Hope or, in his hometown, l to Pepin Rodrígu Foundation ez, beautiful school grounds, 1910, at the time all a paradigmatic case deep innovation in teaching techniques. Students could make use of new material, typewriters, projectors, models, fitness equipment and in the floor of the courtyard, a large relief map of Spain in tracing its geographic features. The building, which was later extended to a class aimed at older learners, sober struggle with alternating segmental and straight holes. The windows are framed with molding. The attic gable on the main facade and broken pediments of the sides are other significant contributions. A plaque plays a sailboat flanked by birds and sailing towards the island of Cuba. Collotense so illustrious addition to the monument that is in Cuba to his memory was not forgotten in his own land, so in the district was erected Roces u n monolith or, with one side occupied by a symbolic bronze philanthropy - a woman in his arms welcomes two children with books, and in another, is a bust, opened in 1940, committed for the Catalan Jose Clara (the text of the inscription is as follows: A GRATEFUL Colloto RODRIGUEZ PEPIN AUGUST 1940 .)
Colloto center is the beginning of a small road signposted to Limanes (Oviedo council limit the de Siero). The industrial and urban landscape melts into another distinctly rural, punctuated by simple and sober houses, some with attached s-char as modern villas. Road ahead, the visitor meets with the village and Roc d (94 inhabitants, 240 m and 4 km from the capital), belonging to the parish of Limanes. After leaving the meeting orLiman and s / s Llimane parish of 800 inhabitants. T he church of Santa Maria de la O Liman is very upset now, due to popular Romanesque Asturias. It fits in place of Vallin, in the municipality of Siero. Talk about it first time documents dated Alfonso II. Ramiro II Santa Maria won Limanes Novelato of the Basilica of San Salvador in Oviedo. A baroque belfry with three arches, pinnacles that adorn the toes and balls, crowning the facade. In the southern flank windows are double Gothic type, the front porch and pointed arch with imposts and decorated with checkered overalls. Internally, it has a single nave covered by a barrel vault equipped with small windows. The two chapels, perhaps from the sixteenth up the cruise of the south transept vaults stars. The arch of triumph, Roman, is formed by two thick and smooth archivolts on four columns and decorative capitals regarding the reasons varied: pineapple, intertwined serpents, animals faced ... The dome is enriched with murals, and badly damaged, probably from the late fifteenth century. The whole theme revolves around the various sequences of the Passion of Christ: Central Ultima l a, s Christ before Pilate, the crowning of thorns s, crucifixion ng (next to the Gospel), The Agony in the Garden or San Pedro cutting off the ear of the Roman or the flagelació n, El descendimient or, The sepultu ng ra and the resurrection (in the Epistle side). The center of the dome is chaired by the Pantocrator and Tetramorph.
After the visit to Limanes, the route goes to the Fa ro (Faro de Aba jo -70 inhabitants, 220 m high and Arri Lighthouse ba -153 inhabitants, 310 m above sea level, both built in the parish of Limanes and 6 km from Oviedo), where small houses and barns, but what really distinguishes it is a pottery tradition of many centuries. Llamas de Mouro, Miranda and the said people of Faro are the three pillars of traditional ceramics Asturias. T he church of St. Lorenz in Faro de Arriba, is small in size, conforming to the canons of Asturian folk style. Continuing the route, a detour to the right you close to the old school s as Faro. The views from here are magnificent: the capital and Mount Naranco, as background, right, and left the mountains of Aram.
However, Faro popularity comes from the pottery. The first document that can boast this activity is one of the monastery of San Vicente, dated 1079, which mentions a "Martin, potter, with his wife and children ..." Later, the Marquis of Ensenada (year 1749) made an account of the potters implanted in the area: a total of 70. Aurelio de Llano (Caravia, 1868-Madrid, 1936), scholar and folklorist Spaniard, wrote: "The people of Faro, since ancient times, are engaged in the manufacture of ordinary vessels. It is traditional among them that in ancient times their ancestors were ruled by a king potter. " The process of industrialization caused many of them leave the craftsmanship of an occupation in the factories. At the bottom of the barrel only had a family, Gutierrez Vega: Lit or and Seli to father and son, respectively, which are incorporated two nephews of the second, Nacho Vega and Vanessa Artime, thus ensuring the desired continuity. In the workshop of the Vega (upper area of Faro) is still used a great and ancient wood lathe, which yields the most characteristic pieces: black pottery, a result of the concentration of iron in the mud, with another modality,white enamel coated resulting in two firings. The entire process from collection of gorse and removal of mud from the ground, through the work of brick-oven cooking, follows exactly the system used by Lito always. In its production distinguish unglazed pieces, black glossy (xarr is or cider jugs, pots d e fab is, pitchers of three loops) and glazed (jugs, oil, power, or bowls escudiell is) for an interior waves are used, geometrical shapes, leaves and schematic representation of animals, predominantly yellow, green and brown.
Faro is resumed the march on the road to Pando, from Villamia na po r (297 inhabitants, 250 m and 4 km from Oviedo), instead of the parish of Limanes. Among quintanas and hamlets, a path of good firm, but narrow, leading to Pan d o / Pan du (nucleus of 92 rooms., 290 m and 4 km from the capital city, in the parish of the same name), where applicable l go to meet a church of San Ciprian or small in size, now dipped in cement. Is far from resembling the primitive temple Ordoño II saw fit to grant the Church of Oviedo in 921; the cause is in its submission to further reforms. Still, interested in the open front porch, attached by wooden beams and straight feet, they lie in a low-level wall surrounding the entire porch. They settled on a hill makes it an excellent vantage point, overlooking on one side, the valley, and the other, the city, its cathedral and Mount Naranco. A small square paved with neighboring hosts a rural house in ruin as (ss. XVIII-XIX), the surviving fragments of his mighty stone walls and the basket that makes angle with the construction. Ashlar stone door and window framing.
Pando exceeded, the next stopping point and s Abu li (128 inhabitants, 200 m high and 2 km from the capital), people of the parish of Oviedo within an ace of being captured by the city. T he church of Santa A na (XVIII), small in size, has a gable roof and rectangular. Despite mistakes and the plaster of the walls or the closure of the porch, still reveals valuable and beautiful contributions: good red blocks and front corners, finishing off the entrance, a large pointed arch, molded pillars arranged on, the barrel vault lateral or loophole. Opposite, is very broad and extends the horizontal l Pelay house you, farm closed by a large stone wall. Dwelling houses and farm buildings. The facade overlooking the highway and consists of three bodies: the two sides are advanced timidly to center. The windows have frames and sills of large stones, while the door is placed between pilasters cajeadas and ears.
Way forward, and down, you get to the N-634 at the height of Sardinia